Energy and Carbon Lead for strategy and delivery of ambitious energy and carbon programme to decarbonise real estate assets and portfolios aligned to Paris 1.5C and achieve net zero carbon as part of our client’s Real Estate’s Sustainability Programme.
Responsibility across UK, European and Asian real estate portfolios working with local investment desks, reporting to Head of Sustainability and Impact Investment.
This person will:
- Bring previous relevant energy and carbon experience and qualifications in relation to commercial buildings
- Have an excellent understanding and ideas for energy and carbon opportunities and requirements for buildings and real estate investment portfolios.
- Have a good understanding of the landscape for sustainability and impact investment, regulation and risk considerations and opportunities across the built environment particularly energy, carbon, climate change, health and wellbeing and social value.
- Work closely with fund managers and the investment team throughout the fund and asset investment lifecycle to ensure energy and carbon is managed within the investment process to include setting and inputting to guidance documents, asset and fund analysis and reviews and within investment and risk monitoring and reporting
- Support the communication of the Sustainability programme generally, specific to funds and within the organisation working with sustainability, client relations, distribution and marketing and externally to clients, consultants and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to analysis and reporting for funds and the business including SBTi, TCFD, INREV/EPRA, GRESB and other frameworks including UN PRI
- Ideally have French or German language skills