Opportunity to join an International Commercial & Investment Bank in London, covering existing clients in the Middle East and South East Asia
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team in London and work across all areas of the Bank
Support the Islamic Finance Centre of Expertise development globally:
- Develop and lead discussions with Islamic Financial Institutions and other clients who are interested by Shariah compliant solutions, in order to understand their needs and identify potential commercial opportunities, working alongside Coverage, Global Markets and/or specific business lines as relevant in ME and SEA.
- Address Global Markets clients’ needs and propose innovative solutions
- Develop partnership with targeted Islamic Financial Institutions / investors
- Global Markets– develop new Investment products (Equity, Commodities, Green) along with Financial Engineer team
- Real Assets – Global Trading – Investment Banking– support business lines to proactively identify opportunities: close liaison with business lines structuring and origination teams to develop Islamic solutions in line with clients’ needs. Work closely with Distribution to develop a deep understanding of appetite for structured finance Islamic opportunities through close dialogue with the relevant banks / institutions.
- In conjunction with the manager, act as main focal point for all matters pertaining to the development of the Islamic Finance platform, relating to operations, IT, legal, compliance, located in London/Paris.
- Assist in preparing New Product Committees
- Support the implementation of the Marketing strategy of the Islamic Finance franchise internally and externally: draft internal newsletter, brochure, website, attend conferences
- Support the development and implementation of the internal Islamic Finance Training framework
Support origination/ execution of Islamic Finance transactions (Capital Market, DCM, Structured Finance)
- In charge of executing transactions as line manager will request: review and comment the documentation, participate to conference calls, obtain Shariah approval from the Shariah Board
- Preparing pitches / marketing materials
- In charge of structuring and assist in booking deals
- Responsible for supporting the business lines/ coverage teams to deliver their budget on Islamic Finance
Skills required :
- 10+ years’ experience in Islamic Finance within Global Markets
- Strong experience in structuring Islamic Global Market Solutions, structured finance within an Investment Banking environment
- Strong knowledge of Islamic Fis and orignation expertise
- Good knowledge of capital market products and investment banking activities,
- Team player and agile with an innovative mindset.