This role reports into the Company Secretary within the Legal, Governance & Secretariat Division. It involves developing close working relationships with directors across the Group. The function seeks to deliver excellence in corporate governance through the support it provides to a range of stakeholders, providing proactive support to Group initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified governance professional (ACG/FCG) with a thorough understanding and working knowledge of current legal/governance/compliance practices and techniques, especially the Companies Act, UK Listing Rules and Market Abuse Regulation.
- Excellent experience of supporting boards and committees, including minute writing and agenda management.
- Experience of working within a listed financial services/ regulated business.
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to think broadly on issues, proactively offer ideas and solutions and apply sound judgement in problem solving;
- Highly motivated individual with good influencing skills and the ability to work well with senior management, as well as having the gravitas needed to gain their trust;
- Operate with high ethical standards and act with integrity.
- Energy and tenacity to drive continuous improvements in policies, procedures and quality of service.
- Familiar with Diligent Oneworld and Boards.